Sunday, August 17, 2014

Big Kid Status: Room Edition

We did it! We finished the gals' room and we've lived to tell about it.

This was our first attempt at painting as well, so I was a bit nervous. However, now that it's all done, I'm patting ourselves on the back! We rocked it!!

Because our house is a new build, boring beige is EVERYWHERE, and we had to rectify it right away. Painting the ceiling was a challenge, but I finally got the hang of it and we knocked out the whole room in one afternoon.

I'm so excited to have their room done. It's been a long time coming, and they definitely deserve it!

Here's a quick tour:


My mom made the Gals a teepee. She is awesome.


We found their dresser at the Lakewood Antique Market today! We had been hunting for something for a long time and it was quite fitting that we found it today. We are hoping to find some more art for the walls in the next few months.


This wall is still rather empty, but we are hoping to find a big tree decal on Etsy to fill the space.


 This nightstand was also found at the antique market today and my mom brought down this lamp for us on her last visit. It used to be my grandmothers and I didn't realize how perfect it was for this space until today!


I made the plaques this week as I ventured back into the crafting world.


The gals were a little unsure of what was going on, but after a bit they warmed up to their new room!

Goodnight Gals!





No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird