Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Workout Wear

Wanna know what's hot this season?
Sorry y'all, this isn't the place.
Ok, ok, I admit that some of that stuff is pretty dern cute.
I've been an athlete most of my life. I started young, & lived in matching neon Umbro t-shirt & short sets. When soccer was done, I hopped off the field, and into he most unflattering pleated tennis skirt this side of the Mason-Dixon. Next was basketball. Socks & shorts had to be long. I'm painting a real pretty picture of my wardobe as a youth right?
Well, honestly, things haven't changed.
I got older, but I still competed. Tennis in college, a degree in Sports Management, and a job in Youth Sports & Camps, meant I had a lifetime of earned t-shirts and a drawer full of running shorts.
Oh and the shoes, too many Nikes, Pumas, and Adidas to count.
In the past 5 years or so, workout gear has become pretty fashionable and sold everywhere. Cute tanks, fun leggings, and bright shoes. Which I can say I truly love!
And then my wallet says...are you serious? You own 8 zillion workout items. Step away from the shiny stuff.
But but but...
When I go to the park after the gym all the other mom's look so cute in their thin strapped tanks & running capris.
Then I look again & remind myself:
"Bex, your girls wouldn't even stay IN a tank like that and you never look like that post workout. You look like a hot sweaty mess, but in your world that's a good thing. It means you worked hard and, hell, be happy you even made it to the gym!"
And so when you see me looking like a dirt-ball at the park, running around with my kids, in a giant T-shirt from 1997, don't worry, I'm not a bum. I just got done working out.


No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird