Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Toddler Torture Chamber aka Gym Daycare

A big part of my first couple years with the gals has been getting back into shape. Returning to the fighting weight of my glory years right?
Glory years aside, we got a membership at the YMCA because the daycare is usually pretty quality. We found a branch we loved & the gals as smalls got used to the baby room and learned to like their jaunts in toy heaven.
Then they turned into toddlers. New room, new people, new toddler attitudes. The instant we make the turn down the hallway where drop of is comes ALL the tears.
I get the sympathetic glances from YMCA staff as I make my way down the hallway, forcing a smile with screaming twins at my feet.
Then Thomas and his mom run by.
Thomas LOVES daycare!
"Look gals! Thomas LOVES daycare! Let's follow him!"
More screams.
We finally get to the door, I throw the gals over the gate, grab my armband, and run out before my presence causes anymore harm.
I can only imagine the dread in the workers minds.
"Crap the Tubbs twins are here!"
BUT...
I haven't been called out of a workout in a while. So there is the silver lining. They obviously calm down. I can get in my much needed workout & then I feel better for the rest of the day.
I also get a chance to sit on the bench in the lobby, breath, and catch up on my twitter feed.
20140305-103324.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird