Friday, November 2, 2012

Cabbagetown Onesies

This weekend is our neighborhood's yearly festival! It's always a good time & it's great to see our tiny streets packed with people. We usually don't last long, enough to grab a bite of chili, listen to a tune, drink a sweetwater, & snack at a food truck.

The morning kicks off with a 5k {which we usually run in}, but this year we are just too lazy. I'm not gonna lie.  So we will get the girls up early & go cheer people on...with a nice cup of coffee in hand.

Since this is our hood's biggest to do of the year, I wanted to get them onesies that showed a little pride for Cabbagetown. However, when I looked online, I couldn't find anything! Pretty surprising since our town is filled with artists selling their wares.  So I set off to the local craft store!

I really lucked out at Michaels. It was a one and done trip. I got a 3 pack of white onesies, Tulip Fabric Paint {holiday green}, paintbrushes, letter stencils, & a rose stencil. The rose stencil is where I really lucked out. I mean really, who is going to have a cabbage stencil?? The rose was big and blooming, so I figured, hey, paint it green and voilà...a cabbage!



I'm really happy with how they turned out! I can't wait to put them on the girls tomorrow for Chomp & Stomp.

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird